A permanent fusion welding process for the repair, build-up, or material enhancement of cylindrical components.
While spray welding relies on a mechanical bond and can easily flake off with very minimal impact or friction, our process actually fuses to the parent metal with controlled heat minimizing material waste and distortion.
Fleetfusion is a proven cost-effective weld repair method for shafts, sleeves, rollers etc. minimalizing equipment downtime and ultimately saving customers loss of production and money.
Our unique patented process (based on MIG Welding) can deposit a weld layer between 1.5mm and 20 mm thick.
A variety of materials can be applied such as hard-facing, abrasion or corrosion resistant alloys to repair or enhance component surfaces depending on the applications required.
- Permanent spiral weld repair to worn or damaged components
- Enhancement to existing materials to extend component life
- Ideal for:
- Rudder and stabilizer stocks, propeller shafts, rollers, valve seats, pistons, liners, pump shafts, sleeves, and impellers
- Shafts of all types including Electric Motor, Pump, Turbine, Compressor and Gearbox
- Roller reclamation for printing, papermaking, steel making, crushing, etc.
Sandrin Services Inc. is North America’s sole licensed agent for the Fleetfusion process. Fleetfusion, which is based on the Metal Inert Gas technique, has been developed to accentuate the advantages of welding as a repair method while minimizing or even eliminating its undesirable aspects or effects. A weld layer of between 1.5 and 5mm thick is continuously applied with low heat input and minimal material waste. The weld profile is such that a clean surface can be achieved with as little as a .25mm post welding machine depth of cut.
A high-quality weld is achieved giving good fusion, controller penetration, lack of porosity and minimal dilution. The transfer of volatile or very readily oxidizable elements across the arc is excellent and near to 100% of wire content can be achieved. The lower-than-normal heat input gives a controlled microstructure and shallow heat affected zone. The thickness of deposit can be varied without increasing the depth of the thermally disturbed zone. The result is a permanent repair and enhancement of wear and corrosion resistant qualities of an extensive range of old and new engineering components.
- Repair – Restoring to original dimensions using a deposited material which matches the parent metal
- Cladding – Deposition, in local areas or overall, of a material which will improve wear and/or corrosion resistance, hardness etc., where problems commonly occur
- Building up – Increasing the original diameter or length to form a solid sleeve, piston, collar, etc., or to provide additional material for modification
Sandrin Services Inc. employs an experienced team of technicians who have been trained in the United Kingdom and have many years of experience using the unique patented Fleetfusion process, only available in North America though us.
2450 HP ROTOR AFTER FLEETFUSION
2450 HP ROTOR FINISHED MACHINED
37’ HYDRAULIC PISTON ROD SHOWING SEVERE DAMAGE BEFORE
37’ CHROME COATED HYDRAULIC PISTON ROD, REMOVED
CHROME & UPGRADED USING 316 STAINLESS STEEL OVERLAY
USING PATENTED FLEETFUSION REPAIR PROCESS
48” BULL GEAR – SHAFT SEAL AREA REPAIRS/p>
48” BULL GEAR
SHAFT SEAL AREA REPAIRS